Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Bluetooth on Windows

What a nightmare. On Linux, it just works. But because I'd moved the hard-drive from a laptop without without Bluetooth to one which had it, Windows XP just got so confused. It took hours - literally - several reboots, lots of trial and error and just messing around. Not good.

On another techie note, I was having problems getting some of the crypto stuff done that I wanted, then realised that although I was using a Java 1.4 JVM, I only had a book on the 1.3. Lots of crypto changes in 1.4, so I've ordered up the latest version of the marvellous "Java in a Nutshell" (we love O'Reilly).

We interviewed a possible nanny today - we liked her, and hopefully she liked us. We're seeing someone else tomorrow, so we've got an option even if she doesn't work out. Jo said "Willum" today, so she can now name both cats. Useful, I guess, though she mainly says "no!" to them. Particularly Willum.

Still enjoying the Bevans book - looks like I might be lending it to Gary soon.

Oh, and it's my birthday!

I cannot believe that I failed to blog this before. Shocking. I'm 0x24 today. We're waiting on a nice present from Moo, because we've bought a new sofa (due tomorrow), and when we looked around Cambridge, I couldn't make up my mind. My family gave me a Silverstone driving event: Jim (my brother) has the same, and we're going to try to do it on the same day.

Moo and I went to Dick's Caf&ecute; in Halstead and had a lovely lunch: just the two of us. It was fantastic to spend some time together on our own.


Comments:
I have windows- with blue tooth working so neh!

Glad you and Catherine had an enjoyable lunch together- such an important thing- time together- no interruptions!

TEENAGERS- FREE TO GOOD HOME

EARLY TWENTIES LOTS OF THEM ALSO FREE- REQUIRE LOTS OF FOOD AND HELP AND SUPPORT- ESSENTIALLY TEENAGERS!!!
 
oh- was I cross with my teens last night hmm seems so...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?