Wednesday, July 26, 2006

 

Redeemed from poverty

Woke up around 0430 this morning, which isn't bad, as it meant that I got around 7 hours of sleep. Did some stuff on my laptop (no sign of the Blackberry working, despite numerous calls to Cingular and Orange during the day), had a bath, watched a bit of TV. Turned over to a channel, and caught an advertisement: It appears that if you buy a six CD set from a gentleman whose name I didn't record, you can become rich through Christ. This is surely a vile corruption of the gospel message? I'm happy to believe that it is possible to have money - indeed, to become rich - whilst living a Christian life, and to do so with a Christian ethic. But surely Jesus didn't redeem us from poverty? I'm really quite upset by this, but I just can't pin down exactly what about it makes my skin crawl.

The show was busy at times, quiet at others, and I've so far failed to win an X-box. However, I'm now confident in pitching the product that we're talking about here, and have gathered some pretty good leads. Had a couple of chats with my boss, which confirmed that he's looking for me to take a very proactive lead in working on the strategy and tactics for Europe, which is very exciting. He seems to like the approach I intend to take, so once I get back, it'll be time to start getting some serious work done.

He also agreed that, given the problems with chaning my laptop keyboard and the fact that the stupid thing doesn't have bluetooth, it's going to be simpler to buy a new one, just swap over the hard drives, and give this one to the Canadian IT folks. This is a Good Thing[tm].

So, a good day, and I've met some excellent people. A good meal last night, some good discussions, and I really feel part of Certicom Corp..


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?