Tuesday, July 11, 2006

 

More beach

(backposting) Up at 0530: a sleep-in! To Southwold, where we did the beach. I'm going to pretend that I'm not bitter that Moo forgot to bring along the excellent fossil I found, but we really did have a very good time. We then wandered around Southwold, stopping at The Crown (a hotel owned by Adnams, the local brewer) for another breakfast a little before 1000. I had kippers, and was very pleased to discover that Jo likes them, too. Last time I had them, I was banned from having them in the house again, as they stank the place out for 3 days. I just wrote "years" instead of "days" there, which was a good Freudian slip. But now that we know that Jo's a fan...

Then off to Walberswick, which is a beautiful beach. More sand than is usual on the Suffolk coast, from my experience, and this time Jo really was happy to stand in the surf ("waves! bubbles! duck!" (well, it was seagull, but...)), rather than just be held with her feet dangling. I did the real thing and went all the way in, so I'm a bit proud of myself. Really not very warm (I'm used to the South coast, I guess), but fine.

We then went into Woodbridge, and Jo had a couple of serious tantrums. She really wants to push the pushchair (rather than be in it) except when she's really, really sleepy. But it's just not safe when we're on pavements by roads with cars on...

Got back to the cottage, Jo went mad and ran around, and took a while to get to bed, but when she did Jo to sleep, she just went _straight_ down. A barbecue (what a crap one there is here) and a bottle of wine, and we're sitting in front of "Pokerface", which is diverting, if nothing more.

I love being a dad. I've taken some lovely pictures of Jo, and she's so happy. Again: this is what I signed up for.


Comments:
Adnams now you're talking!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?