Monday, July 03, 2006

 

In the office

(backposting) For some of the day, at least. Not very much to do, really, so I went into Cambridge over lunch, did some bits and pieces, including buying Moo a lovely wedding anniversary present for Saturday. I also popped into King's chapel, where I sat in the college stalls (I am a member of college, so this is allowed, after all) and said Mattins. I don't say Mattins very often, but am trying to increase the frequency: by the time I'm ordained, I ought to be saying both Mattins and Evening Prayer every day.

I didn't have a bible to hand, so I missed out the readings, but I did the relevant psalms and collect and the rest of the service. It was a lovely old prayer book, too: I checked the date afterwards, and it said 1745 (well, in Roman numerals, actually).

In the evening, off to south Essex for an audit: my very last piece of work for Cryptomathic, other than writing up the report. Met Geeta, from Visa, who's to shadow me, and had a couple of pints with her before I headed off to bed.


Comments:
we Methodists forget that you are required to read the daily offices, we have no such structure, so we have to go and find our own, I try to use the Northumbria Community stuff... but tend to get lax...we are not held accountable, I wish we were.
 
Daily what?
 
Don't tell me there's something else they didn't tell me about...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?