Saturday, July 15, 2006

 

Back home

There's something odd, but very satisfying, about getting home from holiday before lunch. And that's leaving after 0930, and going shopping on the way. I know that we're very boring, but it's nice, particularly with a little one who doesn't travel awfully well, to have short journeys.

We had a good holiday, and it was just what we all needed, I think.

At 3pm, Moo had booked a workshop with Willard White for Jo and me (only one adult allowed). It was deeply disappointing, unluckily. Willard White as there, but took very little part. It was based around a children's music class that Jo goes to each week, and the kids clearly had a good time, but just did their usual thing, with their usual music and songs. And because the person who runs it writes her own songs (excellent at they are) Willard White couldn't even join in much. I was saddened, and I think he probably was a little confused. Heigh-ho. At least Jo had a good time.

Today, my legs and arms have worked, which is a bit a surprise, given that Jo much have spent at least 5 hours on my back, in the backpack. It just goes to show how well it's designed, and, I suppose, suggests that I'm not as horribly out of shape as I thought I probably was.

Got to work out what I'm going to preach on tomorrow. Women bishops? Dancing? Prophecy? Hmm.

TV update

We were just watching Sport Relief on BBC1, when the TV blew up. Not "blew up" blew up, but went *phut*, and started making "put, put" noises every second or so. Changed the fuse, but it was pretty obvious from the smell coming from the back of the machine that something else was pretty amiss. Should help me concentrate on the sermon, anyway.

Comments:
teach you to watch sports relief- having said that I came into the study to prepare a sermon and I am commenting on your blog!!!
 
so what did you preach on- waiting for a good blog on that
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?