Thursday, June 08, 2006

 

Eyes

(backposting) Still not feeling great, and headed home early for a sleep. Felt much better afterwards, but still with a sore eye. It had been weeping during the day, and had been gummy last night, and Moo reckons it could be an eye infection which just happened to hit at the same time as a nasty cold. Seems possible, so I'll go and get something for it tomorrow at the Tesco's near work, as they've got a pharmacy counter.

Trying to set up video-conferencing accounts for us and our parents, but it's turning out to be a little challenging finding software that works on both Linux and Windows and is firewall friendly. I've got sipgate accounts, but I think that I'm going to go with the Windows Skype beta and just use that for now. Hopefully a Linux version will come out soon, and we can use that too, but Skype just seems more firewall friendly, and I'd hope that we'll have fewer compatility problems.

Wrote a long email to my new boss at Certicom, David, with options for virtual offices in Cambridge. The two realistic ones are St John's Innovation Centre and Regus, Cambourne. I weighed up the different options, and gave a suggestion, only to get an email back a few minutes later basically saying "you choose", which was nice. I felt that it was important to show that I'd been through the process, though. And the winner is: St John's Innovation Centre.

Sat in front of the TV with sausages, chips and fried mushrooms and watched the Fry and Laurie "Jeeves and Wooster" with a beer. The way it should be.


Comments:
Hope the eye is better- sausage and chips an unusual but effective cure???

I drive past St Johns inovation centre everyweek on my way into Wesley College- to do the Methodist Theology stuff, will wave, even if you aren't there!!!

Trying to read John Wesleys Journals to make my assignment more Methodist (arrgh)... and now I am off at a tangent thinking about that John passage!
Thinking of starting a new group- Procrastinators Anonymous...
 
One of the best virtual offices in the UK is Icon offices.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?