Sunday, May 21, 2006

 

Driving around

As Jo hadn't got much sleep, she was absolutely knackered this morning, so I was commandeered for chauffeur duty, and drove around Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire for nearly two hours so that she could sleep for an hour and a half. She was better, but by then, _I_ was knackered (particularly as I was in bed pretty late). Got back, had a doze, which helped.

We had a lunch at which Jo ate her own body-weight - hold that - probably more like _my_ body-weight in chicken, roast potatoes, carrots, strawberry frozen yoghurt and rhubarb crumble. She just kept on and on eating, to the astonishment (and, at time applause) of the collected multitudes. I've literally never seen anything like it. She sat on my knee, using a grown-up fork (and fingers, when that failed, as it did from time to time) and just ate. Wow.

When we got back, and after Jo was on her way to bed (Moo put her down, as usual, so I was able to carry on with other tasks), I did an exegesis on Matthew 12:9-14 (the healing of the man with the withered hand). I rather enjoy exegesis, and it's good doing it on a New Testament text, because it means that I can go to the original Greek and use that as a tool. There's one word, in particular, that is inconspicuous in the three English translations we were given to look at - "lift out" and "pull out" are used, I think, in reference to whether one would leave a sheep in a pit - but which, in the Greek, is a key one for Matthew: it's the word "ἐγερεῖ", which is used when talking about Jesus being raised from the dead.

Started thinking about bits and pieces I need to sort for the new job, and I'm getting excited. Laptop, travel insurance, business cards, stuff like that, but I love it.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?