Saturday, May 13, 2006

 

Canada - really?

(backposting - sorry that I've not been able to blog until now (2006-05-19), but you'll see why...) This morning, we spent some time with the lovely neighbours from the Londis shop next door clearing some trees, shrubs, etc. that were up against their wall. Had an interesting chat with Bik about being a Sikh, and various issues around Christianity.

In the afternoon, we started watching the Cup Final (Liverpool vs West Ham). Managed to teach Jo to say "'Pool!", which is, bizarrely, traditional.

And then, around 1630, I left to fly to Toronto via Heathrow. I listened to the end of the match, and Liverpool won, in the end: yay! Phoned Kate - less sober than you might expect...

So, in a plane to Canada.

Why? Because, on Monday, I had a contact from a head-hunter for Certicom. After some discussions, on Thursday I agreed to fly out for a set of interviews, because although I'd not seriously been looking for a new job, the opportunities from both a salary and career point of view just made it impossible not to consider it. So, I flew out to Toronto, and arrived a little before midnight. Slept for about four hours on the plane, which is good, and then to the hotel.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?