Saturday, April 01, 2006

 

Zoo (and The Differences Between the Gospel of John and the Synoptics, obviously)

First, Moo's laptop and monitor arrived. She's very pleased with it - the laptop's a Toshiba 1.73 GHz with half a gig of RAM, and the monitor's a 17" 1280x1024 TFT that seems to do very well. I've managed to get it all set up, and have even got round to adding WPA encryption on the wifi network, and both my laptop and hers are now using it. Lots of security, oh yes.

Then we took Jo to the zoo. Colchester Zoo - great place, as I think I've mentioned before. Today we did more of the zoo, and Jo got to see the giraffes, zebras, rhinos and elephants (which she was asleep for the last time). She really, really likes giraffes, zebras, rhinos and elephants. Oh, and wolves, penguins, seals, ducks (not very zooey, of course, but there were some there), chimpanzees, meercats and marmosets. I took her around most of it in the backpack, and then she walked for quite a long time. Unluckily, this didn't seem to get her tired enough, as she was a nightmare to get down tonight, but heigh-ho.

While Moo was trying to get Jo to sleep (and later on, once we'd brought Jo back down for three quarters of an hour or so), I did some work on one of my assignments for ERMC this term, on the differences between John and the Synoptics. I found a number of interesting books and articles, but mainly based on the more obvious textual differences. I was hoping for more on the deeper theological issues and community, but unluckily not.

I'm also due to preach tomorrow at Toppesfield church (1100 BCP mattins), and haven't felt particularly inspired. I'm sure it'll all come together, and there are a number of themes which I can go with, but nothing's really gripping me.

We're watching the Fry and Laurie Jeeves and Wooster on DVD, which Dad kindly gave me when he discovered that he'd got them on Region 1 instead, and couldn't work out how to de-region (what?) his DVD player. Very funny - I watched some of them when they first came out, and it's good to see them again.

Oh: Si and D collected their new caravan today. No more need be said.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?