Saturday, April 08, 2006

 

Tosha and Nik's

We went to visit the lovely Kittenhead (aka Tosha) and Nik today, where Jo and little Digi got on very well. Lots of tottering around, some chatting to each other, Jo trying to force-feed Digi from her milk bottle, that kind of thing. Tosha got some dry rice into a tray with some cups, spoons, etc. which they had lots of fun transferring from the tray to the blanket it was on, and then from there to the floor. Luckily Jo decided to play up to gender stereotypes and went to get a broom, which she then proceeded to sweep the floor, which was very sweet.

It's very annoying - as I've said before - that they live nearly an hour away, as we get on well and have quite a few things in common. At some point we'll get them to visit us, but given how very pregnant Tosha is, and the problems that Nik has with his back, it seems a bit harsh for now.

In the morning, Moo and Jo went off to Braintree where they did some shopping and also got some flowers for Carolyn. We're really hoping she'll get better soon, both because it's nasty that she's ill, of course, but also because it's difficult for us with childcare (selfish, but it's true). I think we can sort things out for the next three weeks, but we really hope she'll be better well before then.

While they were away, I finished off my first assignment, did the main bit of the second, and started on the final part (a commentary on the meditation that I've put together, which is based round Arvo Pärt's "I Am the True Vine". It's been much more difficult than I thought, and taught me lots of things, so I'm very pleased to have decided to do it.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?