Monday, April 24, 2006

 

Things not to do

(backposting) Don't ever combine serious food poisoning with a 12 and a half hour flight in economy, that's all I can say.

Did lots and lots of work during the day - Becky, the temporary nanny, was a star, and Jo's much better, so I didn't need to be doing much there - and we got a major set of deliverables out, which I'm very happy about. Had lunch, was fine, Moo got back early, so I got to see her before I headed off, and then a car came to pick me up to take me to Heathrow. Felt a bit odd in the car, but nothing major, so when I got to the airport, I thought I'd better get myself some food.

I went to a major food chain - not fast food, but nothing special - who I won't name, as I can't be sure it was their fault. Had garlic bread, burger and chips, a couple of glasses of water and a single glass of wine.

Within the hour, I was visiting the loos with diarrhoea. Wasn't convinced it was too bad, and I hadn't managed to throw up properly, but I was getting pretty shaky by boarding time. I phoned Moo, unsure of whether to go at all, but decided that I'd better: I was booked in, my luggage was on, etc.. So, onto the plane I went.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?