Thursday, April 20, 2006

 

Next week sorted

Jo still wasn't very well this morning when we got up: she still had a temperature, and wasn't great. So I decided to stay at home, although Kate was here, just to provide back-up. In fact, I got a huge amount of work done: probably more than I would have done if I'd stayed at home. Got a bunch of things cleared, and by the end of the day, and after lots and lots of sleep, Jo was much, much better. We've finally got her off to sleep, but Moo's gone to bed as well, so Kate and I are sitting downstairs adoring the cats.

During the day we also had Becky come round to see about nannying for next week (and possibly a week or so after that). She got on well with Jo, and vice versa, so she'll be nannying from Monday through Thursday. I'm at home for most of Monday, so I can show her where things are, what the routine is, etc., and Moo's at home for around half of Tuesday and half of Thursday. Seems fine, and we've got another possible - Mahala - coming to see us on Saturday. She might be able to take over from Tuesday 4th May (the Monday's a Bank Holiday), so we've got two options from next week.

I'm not only glad that we've got this sorted, but also that I've been able to help out: it's been me that's been in charge of arrangements. I'm aware that Moo's shouldered lots of the burden, and will do so next week, too, when I'm in Singapore, but I do what I can.

Next Saturday is Polly's birthday. My lovely sister will hit the big 3-0. I've got her a present which I (and Lee, her husband) think she'll like, but I'm not going to say what it is until it arrives (probably on Monday) in case she's reading this. I understand that Lee's also got a lovely treat lined up for her over the weekend, but again, I don't know if she's aware of the details, so I'm going to keep schtum. Good word.

Last, but far from least, we're so, so grateful to Kate for helping us out. My mum's done her bit, too, but she's working, and just hasn't been able to spare the time that Kate has, although she's very kindly offered to drop pretty much everything if required. Thanks to everyone who's offered support of whatever type. Hopefully we're getting there, and things will be easier from now on.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?