Friday, April 14, 2006

 

Good Friday

(backposting) Got up - didn't sleep in as long as I'd like, but that's just due to being used to being woken up - got my stuff together, and then spent a little over an hour listening to Arvo Pärt's Passio, which is a discipline that I try to perform each year. From time to time I've gone with Benjamin Britten's War Requiem, but that takes longer, and I was in the right mood for the Pärt.

Then drove to East Leake to the in-laws: a beautiful, fantastic drive (and Fleetwood Mac's The Chain didn't exactly hinder the fun), and when I got there, Moo and Jo were there, which was just what I needed.

We had a nice afternoon and evening (OK, so I broke the hose attachment), and discovered that they're getting broadband. I've committed to providing a wireless link so that it's easier for them to have their computer where the need it, and also for Jen, Moo and me to work there if we ever need to do so. Broadband will make such a difference - oh, and got the TFT monitor that we've given them working today, as well, which went down a storm after the crappy large CRT they had before.

Oh - got my two assignments dropped off at ERMC, which was a huge, huge relief. Next term starts in two weeks - pity I'll be in Singapore.

Jen, Jake, Turtle and little Mouse arrived around 2200, and we didn't get to bed until around 2345. How wired were those kids?


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?