Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

Finally up to date

I've been backposting for far too long - though not all in one shift - but I'm now back on today, as it were. Many apologies - life's been very, very hectic. I don't expect anyone cares particularly, but it's a discipline that I need to keep up, if I can.

Managed to arrange a nanny for next week. Her name's Becky, and she's been looking after Naomi and Chris' twins this week, so I called Naomi and spoke to her about Becky. She was very positive, and Becky's coming round tomorrow to see how she gets on with Jo. Hopefully it'll go well, and we'll be all sorted. She's not qualified, but has lots of experience and comes well regarded.

Moo's currently driving back from her parents with Jo (hopefully no longer vomiting: she seems to have been entirely vomit-free - though very sleepy - today) and Kate, who's going to cover Thursday and Friday for childcare. I'll drive her back to East Leake on Friday night, probably. We feel very much in their debt, and have got them a wireless router and USB wireless connector thingy for when they get broadband next month, by way of a thank you.

It's been a while since I put in much of a spiritual nature, or any theology. I'm very tired, and have been trying to keep my spiritual life alive, and have managed to do so with odd sparks here and there. One particular such spark was a card - handwritten - from Bishop Christopher, who's my area bishop. It was really kind and cheering, and every time I see it, it just raises a smile to my face. The message on the front is "Love's Redeeming Work Is Done", and the message he wrote was very kind and thoughtful, so much appreciated. Other sparks include managing to keep the daily office going, and receiving communion on Easter Day, which is the one day of the year on which Anglicans are supposed, particularly, to receive it.

Speaking of Easter Day, one of the problems with taking Jo to church is that she requires quite a lot of attention these days, and that means that I'm not as involved in the liturgy as I'd like. I'm sure that God understands (He's pretty good at that, you know), but I'd like to be more involved. Hmm - not sure what I can do about that.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?