Sunday, April 30, 2006

 

A fantastic day

Good weather, and lots of fun things. Didn't go to church today, for a variety of reasons, including the fact that if I had gone, I'd have taken Jo, and it was a benefice service today in Tilbury-juxta-Clare, where there's really nothing for kids to do. Also, Moo very much appreciated the fact that I spent the time en famille. So, in the morning, we headed off for a quick trip to Freeport (mainly to buy a new teapot, though we got some other bits and pieces, including a pair of sunglasses for me). For lunch, we went to the White Hart for their "Family Fun Day" (barbecue, bouncy castle (Jo sat on the edge, which was excitement enough for her) and some classic cars), where Jo ran around a lot: there were some other kids there, too, and it was so sweet to see them holding hands.

Aside: Jo will now tell the difference between a boy and a girl in a book, if said difference is obvious. I didn't realise that she also knows what a spider is: asked her to show me one in a book, and she pointed straight at it. Her vocabulary is enormous, and a good amount of her day involves her pointing at things and saying "what's that?" for us to name.

In the afternoon, I strimmed the lawn again (mower's in for service, of course), and got a little tent and tunnel that we bought yesterday out for Jo. She played with it for a bit, and with her water table, and then, while Moo gardened, I took Jo off for a nice walk - maybe a couple of miles. I'd forgotten how much I love walking with her on my back, and she gabbled lots and made me sing songs. Then supper (a mild chicken curry, which we finished after she went to bed), then bath and bed.

Moo and I are watching the latest Ultimate Farce - sorry, Force - which we DVDed last night. Then to bed. What a lovely day.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?