Wednesday, March 08, 2006

 

Sleep

Yup, we're back to that. Last night, I decided that I'd try to get Jo back to sleep if she woke up in the middle of the night. Moo was very tired and had gone to bed early, and I followed her not too long afterwards, but took a while to get to sleep as I brooded over the (parlous) state of our bank accounts. Heigh-ho. At 0210, Jo woke up, so I went in. For the first half hour, she kept calling for Moo ("Mummee, mummee"), but I didn't give in, and kept reassuring her that Daddy was there. After that, she said "Daddy" a couple of times, and seemed to get with it a bit. She still took at long time to quieten down, but I got her sorted by about 0245. I was pleased, because she was actually awake when I left the room, which meant that she managed to settle herself.

She stayed down for about 10-15 minutes, and I was back up again. I'd decided that it's really worth trying to break her of her dependency on Moo, so that meant leaving her to cry (and she did get worked up into a proper tizzy after a while), or going back in myself, which is what I did. She had some milk (cow's milk, from a bottle - she'd usually have a snack at the breast at this time of night, and that's another thing to try to break from), and settled again. Around 0350.

I'd eaten something that disagreed with me for supper, too, which meant that I really didn't feel great this morning, but had to go in, as we're pretty busy. Hope to get more sleep tonight. If I can, I'm going to try to settle her again. I don't expect it to be easy, but if we can get at least some improvement, then we're going the right way.

More Paul

On a different topic, I've just read this excellent article on the Letter to Romans, which embraces the "new paradigm" over the "old paradigm". In essence, the thesis of the new paradigm is that Paul was less interested in condemning 1st century Judaism for being based on salvation through works (which it wasn't, actually), and more interested in how to explain Gentiles' place within the chosen, alongside Jews. Very much worth a read. I found it on The Paul Page ("Dedicated to the New Perspective on Paul"), which seems to be well worth looking over in more detail at some point.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?