Friday, March 17, 2006

 

Shattered

Not a great night, but not too bad, either: Jo's not very well, so Moo took her into the spare room after a little while, where she finally got down to sleep. She's got a nasty cough, which didn't help.

I was up at 0700 this morning, and on the email - there was a major issue about a document that I needed to get to an important customer, and what exactly the scope was, and I wanted to nail it before going off to work. I had an early meeting, too, so had to leave home around 0750, so all was sorted. Peter (my boss) seemed happy with the plan that I came up with, and the meeting went well, too. I got the document off by mid-afternoon, and so it was a pretty good day at work.

This weekend, we're painting what has been the dining room, moving all of the furniture out of it (well, that's before the painting, actually), and then making it into Moo's office, as she's going to be working from home 4 days a week from the beginning of April. We got most of the furniture up into the barn this evening, and got the walls and ceiling washed down, which means that we can proceed apace tomorrow. Si and D have offered to take Jo to the zoo over the weekend at some point to give us some time to get stuff done. It'll only work if Jo gets a bit better - she's very clingy when she's ill at the moment - but it's a very kind offer, and we'll see how it goes.

Today I got in touch with Clare Priory about doing a retreat, which my DDO (Diocesan Director of Ordinands) is keen on my doing. It sounds like it should work fine, and it's only about 6 miles away, so it won't take me long to get there. Now I need to find a time to go there.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?