Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 

London (then Zurich, then Cheshire, then Zurich again, then ...)

To London for a meeting with a major customer today. I ended up running the meeting, and got accolades from both Peter (my boss, the CEO) and Torben (the CTO) for how I'd done it. An excellent kick-off meeting. And the next meeting's in Zurich on Wednesday - not yet sure whether I'll go out on the Tuesday, or just do a day-trip. We're not paying, so we'll see which makes the most sense from a trip point-of-view. (Ooh - just watched the titles sequence from "The Apprentice", and it showed the building I spent the day in!) After that, fortnightly meetings in Cheshire and Zurich, some of which I'll have to attend, at least to start with. It's going to be a busy few months, but interesting, and lots of responsibility.

The head hunters keep calling...

Oh - Jo slept through, except for a brief wake when we went to bed, and a 5 minuter at midnight. We can live with this.

Today's Dilbert's very funny.


Comments:
Today's Dilbert's very funny.

Scott Adams must have discovered a fresh source of inspirational input, because he's really been on a roll of late. The best Dilbert I've seen this year so far (and one of his best of all time) is the one from Sunday, January 29th. It sums up perfectly the software developer/consultant-client relationship. I've actually printed out a color copy of this on 2' X 4' posterboard and mounted it on my office wall.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?