Sunday, March 26, 2006

 

Cauliflower in white sauce

(Backposting) Mothering Sunday. I'd gone to the spare room again to allow Jo to sleep with Moo, and woke up rather groggy. Dad had to remind me that it was Mothering Sunday, so I went back upstairs and got the presents for Moo and Mum. Among the presents for Mum were some Bendicks Bittermints. The Bursells love these, and they're very difficult to get hold of, so I was rather pleased that I'd managed to get some during the week.

I say that they're very difficult to get hold of, but it turns out that there's a garage up the road that sells them, so Mum and Dad had just picked some up on the way to the pub yesterday.

Had a good time in church with Jo - there were lots of children there with their Mums, so Jo had fun with them.

For lunch we had roast lamb, roast potatoes (3 each, with 1 extra for Moo), and cauliflower in white sauce. Moo and I had to work very hard to stop ourselves losing the plot. It was very funny, really.

Nearly six hours getting home. Partly because we stopped about ten minutes in and I spent 30 minutes holding the head of a guy who'd crashed into a stationary car. My guess is at least one broken wrist, a broken ankle, possible cracked rib, and concussion. But I did all the right things, and kept him OK, awake and immobile while we waited for the ambulance crew to arrive and then put a neckbrace on him.

Got home late, Jo wouldn't settle until around 2330, and Moo had to sleep with her in the other room.

Ah - the amusement about the cauliflower.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?