Wednesday, February 15, 2006

 

Walk, and dog

Went for a good walk with Jo (on my back), Alice (on a lead for most of the time) and Mum (in walking boots). Lots of mud, lots of sheep, lots of sheep muck/mud mixture. And some llamas. Bit odd that. Took some pictures with the my phone, but Jo really was less interested than I'd have expected. We also went to Hawes in the morning, which Moo and I had never visited before. OK, and some good views on the way there and back, but not as good as Kirkby Lonsdale. We like Kirkby Lonsdale.

Jo went down better today, and we had a selection of lovely sausages (from Hawes), and then while we watched "Child of our Time" (that guy seriously needs to commit to his wife and child) and "Relocation, Relocation, Relocation" (you don't have the _money_ to do what you want, you idiots!) Jo started setting off. I went up a couple of times and got Jo down quickly, but the third time it took longer, and after a while Moo called me up. "There's a weird smell up here," she whispered, "I think there may be a dead mouse."

Back-track a little: we'd brought up a couple of (humane) mouse-traps, and put them in a cupboard in the room in which Jo was sleeping. So Moo thought maybe we'd caught one. But I'd checked the traps in the morning, and they were still set then. So I thought it was unlikely. But Moo took Jo into the room into which we'd moved in the yesterday (look, I know this is complicated, but we'd been sleeping in my parents' room, because it's got a bigger bed, but was coming up, we moved), and I checked the traps. Still set. So, as I was getting up, I put my hand on the bed. Wet, very wet. I had a smell of it. Dog pee. Alice never does this.

So, we had to move things around (including babies), change the bed (all the way down to the electric blanket, which needed to be chucked), and then bed. I, for one, didn't sleep at all well.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?