Sunday, February 26, 2006

 

Now Moo's ill

She seems to have the nasty cold that I've just got over. Jo's been much better than yesterday, though she really seems to be teething quite a lot. One of the struggles is trying to get her to sleep enough during the day, but she had a lovely sleep next to me on the sofa this afternoon. Moo went upstairs to clear out her wardrobe a bit, and although Jo hadn't seemed that sleepy, as soon as Moo went upstairs, Jo's thumb went into her mouth, so I cuddled up with her on the sofa, and luckily remembered to have a book to read. One hour and five minutes later...

We've decided to move Moo's office downstairs to what, until now, has been the dining room. We've only used it once over the past 3 years, and that wasn't as a dining room, and if Moo's going to be working at home four days a week, she really needs a decent sized office, and it would be useful if she didn't need to go through Jo's bedroom to get to it. I've moved most of the stuff into the barn, and now that we've turned up the radiator, it's warmer than expected. We need to do some work - at least clean, and possibly paint, the walls, maybe install some new power points, move Moo's computer desk down, think about shifting the radiator across, and things like that. But it's ready for use now if she wants to. I might move my office down at some point, but I'm not convinced, now that we know that Moo's going to need it pretty much full time.

I preached at Little Yeldham this morning, and, as I only agreed to do so at fairly short notice, and as I wasn't sure what to say about the Transfiguration, I preached the same sermon that I'd last used in the Bumpsteads a few weeks ago. Went down again, and after the service, a number of the congregation agreed that they would have welcomed a chance to have a debate about the topic (how we as Anglican's view authority - of the Bible, of authority, and of revelation - and on the subject of women bishops). They're a lively bunch (there are usually a couple of comments - or even heckles - during a sermon), and they all know each other well enough that a debate, even with contrasting views, shouldn't cause problems. I'd certainly think about it next time, though I think it would be sensible to consult Keith, my supervisor, first.


Comments:
I love the way you say ...

"_We_ need to do some work - at least clean, and possibly paint, the walls, maybe install some new power points,"

:-)

Si.
 
I've called The H&S chaps and they are booked for standby, as are the local fire dept.

;)

Si.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?