Tuesday, February 28, 2006

 

Expanding the membership

Today, I've told my ERMC group (the wonderful group D) about the discussion forum that I'm starting, in the hopes that they'll be able to use it, and will give me some feedback. So far, three people have tried it to my knowledge: 1 seems to have logged on with no problems, 1 also logged on, and had some questions, and a third had problems creating an account. I've tried to make it more obvious what needs to be done, which should help matters. I really hope that I get some feedback, and, most of all, that people start posting some stories, because I can't do it on my own!

Si's back posting - well done, mate. I don't know what's prompted him to go back to it, but it's pleasing to see. D next...

Shrove Tuesday

Today is when you're supposed to prepare yourself for the penitential period of Lent, before Jesus' passion and death on the cross (and, of course, resurrection on Easter Day). Traditionally, people would fast over Lent, and so using up some of the special foods on the day before Lent started meant that Pancake Day was born. But people would also be shriven - they would be absolved from their sins by their priests - and from this came the other name for the day, "Shrove Tuesday".

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?