Saturday, January 28, 2006

 

Tumblewood, wedding

This morning, I went with Jo to Tumblewood, an indoor kids' play area. Met D. and Morgan there, and we had a good time, though Jo was very tired indeed. The plan was for Moo to get some sleep and look at a couple of possible jobs. She didn't get much sleep, but did have a bit of a lie in bed and a look at the jobs, so mission kind of accomplished. Jo didn't sleep very well last night, and although I managed to settle her once, in the end she needed a feed, and ended up going to bed with Moo, which meant that Moo ended up not getting very much sleep, either. Hence the trip out.

We had a call last night from a financial adviser to whom we'd talked a while ago about the fact that we think that we were mis-sold an endowment mortgage when we bought our first home. We'd lodged a complaint, which was rejected by the endowment company (I can't say who it was), but this financial adviser told us that this particular company always does, first time. He told us that a time limit's coming into place for appeals to the Financial Ombudsman, so, much as I hate doing this sort of thing, I spent some time sorting out the appeal and sending it out. Hopefully we'll be successful this time.

We're off to a wedding reception this evening, for Carolyn (Jo's nanny) and Tom (her now-husband!). D's going to babysit, which is very kind. We're not really going to know anyone, so we'll see how it goes.

Tomorrow, I'm preaching at Helion's and Steeple Bumpstead (at 0930 and 1100, respectively). The gospel text is Mark 1:21-26, and I'll be focusing on "he taught them as one having authority". It's a difficult text to preach on, for me at least, and I'll be talking about canonical authority, authority of the Bible, Pauline authority, church authority and the ordination of women (including to the episcopate - as bishops). Sounds like rather a lot, and I'm not quite sure how it's going to pan out at the moment, but we'll see. I'll try to write it up tomorrow.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?