Saturday, January 07, 2006

 

Snow again

Just briefly, but we had snow this morning. I was amazed. It didn't settle, but Jo enjoyed watching the big, fat flakes falling onto the garden. Jo was up at 0430 this morning. At 0500 we tried turning the light on for a few minutes and then getting her back to sleep, but it was not to be, so after a little negotiation, Moo took Jo downstairs, and I got another hour and a half's sleep, for which I was very grateful. I'd got to bed around midnight (my fault), and not slept very well (less my fault), so this was a good thing. Moo got to have a sleep in the afternoon while Dad did some work for next week and Mum and I took the Jo for a 3 mile circular walk to Tilbury-juxta-Clare and back.

For lunch, we had a very, very nice meal in Cavendish, at the George (01787 280248), which I'd gladly recommend to anyone. The new manager has just taken over this week, and it's all going swimmingly so far. Fast, friendly but not in-your-face service, and most excellent food. They were also very welcoming of Jo, which is always good. We intend to go back.

A lovely meal of smoked salmon on wholemeal bread with champagne, followed by a roast chicken with some Australian chardonnay which wasn't over-oaked. We're all knackered, so expect to go to bed soon.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?