Saturday, January 21, 2006

 

Singapore part 2

I'm on 24x7 support at the moment, which means that I try to make sure that I have my mobile in hearing range when I'm asleep. So, when a call came in at 0257 this morning, I heard it, and took it. It was our guy in Singapore, to say that the potential customer had brought the presentation opportunity forward by a day, so that if we wanted to present, I'd have to leave tomorrow, Sunday. I checked out what I could, then went back to sleep. Jo'd not had a good night, so all in all, it wasn't great.

Took at lot of work, but managed to get a flight out on on Sunday evening with BA, in the class between economy and business (the equivalent of Virgin's Premium Economy), which means that I should get some legroom, and power for the laptop.

Ah, the laptop. Of course, I was going to get one sorted on Monday, but that's too late, now. I rang Peter (my boss) and discovered that he was back in the country, so he agreed to give me back my laptop. I met him at work this afternoon, I swapped my old disk back in, and everything worked fine.

So, I head out tomorrow night - as yet unclear when I get back - but by Friday, at least. I hope to have lots of access to email, and also to blogging.

Had Si, D. and Morgan round this afternoon/evening for supper, and Si fitted a stairgate and doorgate. ("Why?" you ask. Because I'm absolutely useless at DIY, and Moo's learnt that it's just less stress to invite Si over, feed him , and get him to do the work instead of me). We had a lovely curry and a good time: nice to see them. Jo's getting better and better at playing with older children, and apart from the fact that she's more physical than Morgan seems happy with from time to time (which is odd, given that he's over a year older than her), he seems to be able to play with her a bit now.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?