Sunday, January 01, 2006

 

Preaching, early bed

After a somewhat bad night's sleep (Jo in with us, in the end), off to preach at Stambourne for the 0930. Ended up preaching on the doctrine of justification by faith alone (as you do), taking the issue of observance of the Law within the first century Jewish tradition (as evidenced by Luke) as my queue. Seemed to go down well.

Bacon and egg butties for brunch, and then off to Tosha, Nik and Digi's for Digi's first birthday party. We arrived early (1318 - Moo had thought it started at 1300), but I was enlisted to move logs and coal around, as Tosha's pregnant and Nik has a slipped disk (ow!). We had a lovely time with lots of babies and their parents, though Digi (pronounced "Diggy", I discovered) was the only boy. Nice planning that lad.

I was sent to bed soon after Jo as Moo announced that I was in danger of spending the evening "moping around". I resented this somewhat, which kind of betrayed how tired I was, so gave in. Lights off by 8pm (though I did wake up a little later, to be fair, and spent some time with Moo). Moo did a fantastic job of removing the Christmas decorations and doing a general tidy, for which many marks.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?