Friday, January 27, 2006

 

Jo's words

Jo knows, understands or uses quite a few words now, as well as some basic phrases, like "Take the book to Mummy, please", "Come here", and "Where's Daddy's nose?". She's six days and eleven months today, so I thought I'd record as many of the words she knows as I could think of. We're constantly amazed by how quickly she picks them up, and it'll be fun to look back in a few weeks or months to see how she's come on. Words with an asterisk (*) are ones that she says, or has said and I've included words to which she responds with the appropriate action (or, sometimes, refuses to!), or things which she can identify. The list's in no particular order: Unluckily, she's not feeling very well at the moment, and has also got four more teeth coming through, all at the same time: two in the top, at the middle, and two on the bottom, at the side. She's suffering somewhat, but manages to be good-natured most of the rest of the time.

After my trip to Singapore this week, I'm paying a flying visit to Hannover next week. Not quite as bad, as it's only one night away, but a bit of a pain, nevertheless. I've spent most of the day (which I'd hoped to spend relaxing and getting my head back on GMT) on this RFI, which I'll have to polish up by Monday, as it's due in on Tuesday. Not sure when (if!) I'll get the chance to do preparation for the Hannover trip, but I'm sure I'll find the time.

Car died today. Luckily, the nice RAC man was able to identify the problem as a faulty coil, leant me one until I can get it fixed at the garage on Monday. What a relief! Well done the RAC.

Tonight is Moo's first night out on her own since having Jo. Her friends from the ante-natal group are getting together for a night out in Sudbury, and leaving the husbands/partners at home to look after the baby. I'm very pleased, as she really deserves it.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?