Friday, January 13, 2006

 

Izza girl

So, Nik and Tosha are having a girl, and the scan shows that the baby is all safe and well, so that's excellent news: a little sister for Digi to come in the next few months. I'm sure he'll be a lovely brother.

I'm pleased to say that my laptop isn't broken after all - the fault seems to have been transient, as after some (extended) backup work, we risked a normal boot-up this morning, and all seems fine. SMART isn't reporting any problems at all, so I'm glad to say that all's back up and running. My desktop's struggling to do all of the stuff it ought to be doing: Dapper seems to have broken a number of things (printing, sound, stuff like that, as well as the more obvious lack of network interfaces at boot-up, etc.), and I'm definitely not going to upgrade the laptop until things are a mite more stable.

Off to London Colney for an ERMC weekend this evening - racial awareness is the main topic, and we've got some interesting activities planned. I'm also acting as cantor for the service this afternoon, which I'm a little bit nervous about, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

I heard last night that Frances, the wife of Mike, our Reader in the benefice died at home yesterday afternoon. She'd been ill for a long time, and this wasn't unexpected, but my prayers are very much with Mike and his family. Please join me.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?