Thursday, January 26, 2006

 

Home at last

Got into Heathrow at 0650 this morning, and had to wait about an hour for my luggage. Only got three hours' sleep on the plane, partly because someone had a poor 8 month old on the flight (14 hours and 40 minutes), and the little mite really suffered. Got some work done, though, and when I finally got home (not driving myself, of course, which would have been plain dangerous), I managed to finish off a draft of a document that I would have spent the rest of the week doing if I'd not been in Singapore.

It was so good to see Jo and Moo again. Poor Jo's not very well, and Moo had to go straight off to take Willum the cat to the vet, so I took Jo to bed for a bit and she got about 40 minutes, I got about 15, but it certainly helped - and I did get some in the car on the way back. We went to see James, Claudia and Stella for lunch, and then I continued doing some work in the afternoon. To be fair, I'd really not expected to do any work today, so I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself.

It really is good to be home. If only Jo were feeling better (and, as a consequence, Moo had got a bit of sleep), everything would be great. But Jo's working on getting better, and hopefully I can carry a little bit of the burden, at least once I'm over the initial jetlag.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?