Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

Heading home

A meeting with a partner in the morning, as well as some work on the RFI that I'd been intending to do if I'd not gone to Singapore. Lunch in a food hall (indoors, this time, not outdoors like yesterday), then a meeting with a local Systems Integrator (SI). Then off to Mustafa's, which is to clothing what Kim Shim Square is to electronics. Except that Mustafa's - in "Little India" - does electronics, software, white goods, etc. as well. Bought some presents for Moo and Jo, and a couple more small electronics pieces for me.

Back for supper - food hall, satay this time - then a quick massage, followed by saffron tea, and to the airport, having thanked Andrew for his hospitality. Checked in 3 hours early (just missed an upgrade, it seemed), wandered round a little bit in the duty free section, then sat down and did more work on the RFI. Oh, I'm so assiduous. Then onto the plane, helping a mother with her 8 month old daughter. She'd already come from Melbourne on the same flight, and wasn't looking forward to the next leg.

So, what about Singapore? I like it. A good mix of people - some Caucasian, but mostly Chinese, Malay and Indian. Everything's written in English, and everybody speaks at least some English. I was amazed by how many people who seemed to be of the same ethnic group spoke English by default. Food was good, and cheap. Friendly, not too hot (only 29-30 degrees Celsius, ~60% humidity when I was there), and I hope to have the chance to go back some time. If we win the contract, I expect to be back soon.

Really need to get back to regular saying of the office when I get home. And exercise. And eating better.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?