Thursday, December 29, 2005

 

Sell-out?

We popped over to Si and D's around lunchtime today, as people were queuing round the block to get into the Sainsbury's carpark. They're on good form, and had a good Christmas, it seems. They're hoping to take delivery of a new flatscreen TV (see The Chronicles of Si for details), but I've yet to hear whether it arrived or not.

I'm on support duty from tomorrow 1000 until 1000 on the 2nd January, so I need to stay sober enough to deal with any calls that come in (though I think it's unlikely that any will), keep close enough to mobile coverage that I'm never 5 minutes away from answering a call, and be less than 30 minutes from broadband at any time. Shouldn't be a problem. I've got coverage at Si and D's, where we're be for New Year's Eve, and if there's one thing that Si does have, it's broadband. So it's only the first bit that I need to watch out for.

I was a little surprised to have Si and Moo say today that _they_ were surprised to see that I'd signed up for Google AdSense. I think the word "sell out" was used. I have to say that I'm not sure this is fair. I don't think I'll ever make anywhere near enough even to cover the cost of broadband, let alone any real pocket money, so I doubt think my mortal soul's in any real danger (well, not from this, anyway).

I need to start work on my second essay soon: Covenants in the Hexateuch. Not looking forward to it, but there you go.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?