Friday, December 16, 2005

 

Ordinand's evening

Each year, the Chelmsford Diocese runs an evening for those training for ordination, and those considering it. I didn't make it last year due to work commitments, but it's been made known to me that it's pretty much a three-line whip this year, so I'm going. It's hardly easy: it's in Billericay, which is a good hour and a half from work, and the thing starts at 1800, with a service of some type at 1830. Luckily I should be able to get away form work a little early, but it's a pain. Moo - who's really not up for this sort of thing - had made it clear that she would come, as partners/spouses are welcome, but we then discovered that children weren't welcome (officially "cannot be accomodated"), and neither of us felt that it was worth getting a nanny in for the evening, so it's just me.

Although I'm being a little negative, I expect to have an interesting time, and there's at least one person who lives in Halstead who's got in touch. I think she was planning on sharing a car (which I can't do on the way there, as I'm not going via home), but she may also want to talk about things, which I certainly look forward to. What's slightly weird is that I really see my peer group as the ERMC folks, and this is a different group of people. Actually, thinking about it, there might be two or three other people from ERMC there, which would certainly cheer me up. And I'm sure to meet some of the people who were at the selection preparation weekend I went on over a year ago, now. So, it shouldn't be too bad, but I'm knackered and it's the end of the week and bleurgh.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?