Wednesday, December 07, 2005

 

More on St Luke's, West Norwood

I had a good supervision with Alan today, who says that he'll look at my blog (he's not had the URL before), so "hello, Alan!". We both agreed that the topic - application of social-scientific methodology to Old Testament criticism - didn't feel all that odd to either us: in fact, it felt quite natural. But there were some interesting perspectives, and we had a good talk, including some thoughts on one of my essay topics, which is the next thing I need to think about, as I need to have two written by th 6th January.

Anyway - to the relevant point. Alan used to work on Denmark Hill, which is quite close to West Norwood, and used to suggest to his congregation that they visit St Luke's from time to time to get a different view on worship, in a large, vibrant, but safe church. I was glad that my initial feelings about the place were borne out by his wider experience of it.

On another note, Jo walked a few more steps today, but I was back late from the supervision, so I didn't see it. I'm flying off to Newcastle from Stansted early tomorrow morning, and won't be back till late, but I'll at least see her in the morning before heading off. Should be a good and interesting trip - John (a colleague) and I will be driving across the Pennines to Brampton, near Carlisle and back, and it should be a beautiful journey.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?