Sunday, December 18, 2005

 

More essay, Tumblewood, Carol service

Well, I did more work on the essay, trying to bring in the New Testament angle a little more. I think it's got a little more polished, and I'll have a look at it later on this week, but if I had to send it out today, I'd be happy.

We were up early this morning - for me, it was 0540, then dozed till around 0620 (thanks, Jo) - and as I'd suddenly realised last night that it had been weeks since I'd received communion, I went to the (very, very chilly) 0800 BCP service at Great Yeldham. Four of us there, and a nice quiet service. So, by the time I was back and we were all sorted, though it felt like some time around 1130, it was 0905. We decided to try Tumblewood, a kid's indoor play centre that Carolyn's taken Jo to before, and which Moo had visited with D and Morgan when she was pregnant, but which we'd not been to with Jo. Jo had a great time, we had bacon butties and chips (Moo had _cheesy_ chips), and we popped into a little second hand children's clothes shop and bought a couple of outfits (very, very cheap!). So we got home around 1230, Jo having had a great time, as had we: Jo thinks that Daddy doing forward and backwards rolls is absolutely hilarious.

I did the extra work on the essay, and then it was time for the Carol Service at Toppesfield. Jo was hard, hard work. She enjoyed herself, and I spent most of the time chasing round the church. No problem, of course, but hard work. We got home, I drove to the house of some friends (who are away) to feed their cats, then we put Jo to bed. Not sure who's sleepier: her or us. Currently watching the CSI we recorded last night.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?