Friday, December 30, 2005

 

Every valley shall be exalted...

If only they had been, is all I can say. At around 1400, water started coming through the ceilings. This isn't a particularly rare occurence (we live in a seriously old house, and I'm sure it's been doing this from time to time for the past 500 years), but it's a real pain. Even more so when it's coming through the _ground_ floor ceilings. In other words, it had made it through upstairs and then down...

So I rescued those things that were directly below the (4-5 sets of) leaks, put down towels, left Moo in charge of the Jo, and went next door to the shop to recruit someone to hold a ladder. Up the ladder (*yeuch*, I _don't_ like heights), and then using a mop to clear the valleys between our two pitched roofs.

If Moo's feeling up to it, we're off to Si and D's for poker and food, to meet Zae and Andy, and, if Si remembered to invite them, Tosha and Nik. We'll put Jo down in a travel cot, and I'll probably drive, as I've got to stay sober enough to take support calls anyhow, so I might as well go the whole hog.

Partly since Moo's not been feeling well (and so I've sent her up to sleep on a couple of occasions today), and partly since she's putting together applications for a couple of jobs, I've spent most of the day looking after Jo. She's a been a delight most of the time (though she now has a nice bump and bruise on her forehead from where I dropped her on her new wooden trike - whoops), and has just learnt that as well as taking the wooden animals _out_ of the truck, she can put them _in_ as well. Let's hope that she extrapolates this lesson to other containers. And that maybe I learn the same lesson, of course.

Moo and I have just about decided to make what's currently the dining room into an office for both of us. This will require:

This means that it's a sort of medium-term plan, rather than this week, but I think it should work well. Apart from anything else, it should mean that neither of us needs to head upstairs just to use our computers or do some work.

Must get back to Jo and getting her ready to go out to Si and D's. Hope Moo's feeling up to it: looking forward to seeing the plasma.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?