Saturday, November 05, 2005

 

Sophie and Steve

Went to see our friends Sophie and Steve in London. We've not seen them for a few months, and although Soph started off as a friend of Moo's from college, and we only met Steve after quite a while, we now all get on very well. We had one of those days where they only realised some 20 minutes before putting lunch on that it required a couple of hours of cooking time, so we ate around 3pm, but that was fine. We had lots of nibbles before then - and champagne and wine for those of us not driving - and it was very good to see them again. It took us less than an hour and half to get to them, and we should make the effort more often (they've been to see us quite a few times). It's good to get out of the house.

I made myself quite popular with Steve, I think, by fitting and configuring a new graphics card for him. He'd had at least one game that he couldn't play with his old card, and was pleased that it now works. Almost as good, he tried one of his older games, and it now looks absolutely fantastic, so I'm quite the star (I've decided).

Before we headed off, I took Jo for a lovely long walk - around 6 miles, I think. I'm being quite good about this whole exercise thing, and I'm quite proud of myself.

And on the way home (to jump forward a few hours), we watched lots of fireworks all over the place. All the fun of lots of big displays, with no big bangs to upset the babe.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?