Tuesday, November 08, 2005

 

coding, coding, coding...

...set them doggies coding! Oh yes, what fun it's been to write some more code today. Having said that I wasn't going to have time to learn any Swing, and I went into town today and bought a book (Java Foundation Classes in a Nutshell - we love you, O'Reilly) for the company library, and that's what I've done. Gotta love it.

Of course, I had to choose my coding music carefully, so here's what I've listened to today.

Music today

Really must put some theology on the blog soon: it's been a while. I'm still reading "The Sacraments in Protestant Practice and Faith", which is interesting, and I've got a tutorial on Thursday, during which we'll talk about the Old Testament Apocrypha. In Borders today, I just managed to stop myself buying a paperback copy of Tyndale's New Testament. Looked very interesting, and it's historically very important. Much of the language he used in his translation (the first into English from the Greek - and, for the parts of the OT that he managed, form the Hebrew) made it into Coverdale's Bible, and then into the Authorised Version (what tends to be called the "King James Bible" in the US), so it's very recognisable.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?