Friday, November 11, 2005

 

An alb

I now have my own alb, and, in fact, a girdle (or, it appears, cincture). It's my own, and Moo's birthday and Christmas present to me. It was tailored for me, and fits really well, unlike the one that I've been borrowing from my Dad, which is a little tight round the shoulders. I've been a bit worried that I'll be administering the chalice or gesturing during a sermon at some point, and that there'll be an enormous "rip" sound from the back of my alb. This should not, now, be a problem.

Had a meeting in London this afternoon, which at least meant that I got to spend the morning at home. Though I was working for much of it, I had some time with the Jo, and she's lovely. She's very, very close to walking now (big moves forward over the past couple of days), and has just got into pointing at things that she wants to let you know about. It's not just stuff that she wants: it's more that she wants to tell you about them. She'll point at something, and then chat for a bit about it.

Tomorrow we hope that the weather will be good enough to go to the seaside, but then again, it would have to be pretty bad not to. We were hoping to go with Si, D. and Morgan, but if Morgan's still got the 'flu, then it wouldn't be fair on the Plants.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?