Friday, October 28, 2005

 

Weight, family, work

Managing to lose some weight. Can't remember if I've mentioned it before, but I need to drop a few pounds/kilos/stone. I'm trying to stick with the GI diet and, basically, eat rather a lot less than I was until recently. It seems to be going well: if nothing else, I'm down at least one belt hole - maybe two, already. Still need to lose more, but I'm not finding it desparately difficult to shed the pounds, and if I can continue to take a sensible amount of exercise, it's going to help a lot. I was worried that it was going to be difficult to eat sensibly while I was travelling this week, but I seem to have got away with it.

Moo and Jo are back tonight. Yay.

Been a good day at work. We managed to get some movement on a project which looked like it was doomed, and which I'm in charge of. Not sure if it's going to come good, but at the moment it's looking pretty hopeful. And I think that we've finally managed to nail the support issue that's been troubling us. Something we really couldn't have worked out until now, and a bug (well, missing functionality) for a fairly pathological case which should never occur (but which, if it ever did, we should have handled). The problem was that something was connecting to us in a misbehaving manner, so it was showing up. Sod's law.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?