Saturday, October 29, 2005

 

Wave, woo-woo-woo

Jo's learnt to wave, and I'm not sure why, but it's heart-breaking. It's so, so endearing, and the sweetest thing. Sometimes she'll do it when you wave at her, and sometimes she'll just wave at you. The other thing is that she's learnt how to make the "woo-woo-woo" noise by putting her hand in front of her mouth while making a talking/singing/screaming. I remember when I was a kid being told that this was a noise that Indians (by which was meant "Red Indians", by which was meant Native Americans) made, but I'm really not convinced that this was ever actually the case, but it's very lovely when she does it.

Today we bought a copy of the Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture (on Naxos), and Jo absolutely loves it. She waves her hands around, and makes the woo-woo-woo noise, which she seems to feel is appropriate for music she likes, and who are we to disagree?

Had a lovely walk with Jo today: did something over 4 and a half miles, and kept a really good pace going. I feel that I'm getting fitter and thinner, and it's great walking with Jo on my back. She slept most of the time, although she woke up when we met James and Digger, who were loading cattle onto a trailer to take them into winter quarters (or whatever it's called). Jo didn't seem to mind the heifers, which are looking very fine - we need to get some more beef in, so I'm looking forward to having some of their meat. We've had some before, and it's very good indeed. I was thinking of popping in on Stella and Claudia at the end of the walk, but James told me that they're in Surrey, so I extended the walk, and we'll do it another time.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?