Tuesday, October 18, 2005

 

Tired

Although they say it, you never really know how tired you're going to be until it hits you. Bringing up a small child is tiring, and though Jo's never been great for sleeping through the night, she's even worse with teeth coming through and a cold (well, it may just be teeth-induced snot, but who knows). Moo has to get up in the night, because a good percentage of the waking up will involve a feed, and with the best will in the world, it's me that has to drive 40-45 minutes to work when we finally get up in the morning. Which means that we're both knackered for huge amounts of the time. I mentioned to Moo that Si and D have offered to baby-sit at some point next week (D's on half-term), and Moo just said that at the moment, she's too tired even to think about going out for an evening. I have to admit that at the moment, I feel the same.

We unwind in front of the TV (usually a West Wing episode on DVD) and just crash. I've been managing to get some theology read for ERMC, which is a relief, and last night I even did some work on the paper that I'm hoping my Dad and I will get published, but other than that? Nah - no chance. So, we really need sleep. I don't think that we're particularly down about it, or depressed, or even at our wits end: we're just tired all the time.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?