Sunday, October 09, 2005

 

Rugby

Union's back on the TV, and I'm really enjoying the Llanelli Scarlets vs Newcastle Falcons game. There was a very good game of League on earlier (St Helen's vs Bradford), so it's been a good afternoon, sports-wise. We have a rugby ball in the house which I bought for Morgan to play with before Jo was born, but she enjoyed have a mess around with it as well, so that's a good thing to encourage. I've already explained that girls are absolutely allowed to play rugby, and that she mustn't allow anyone to tell her different.

Everyone's much better today, though Moo didn't get much sleep last night. I've made her go to bed (on her own!) twice today, and she does seem to be much better for some kip. We're all in recuperation mode, but we've had a nice quiet day today, and I didn't have any church commitments, which relieved the pressure somewhat.

I'm pretty close to moving my main desktop box to ubuntu (having had such a good experience with my laptop). The big decision has been whether to upgrade, or reinstall, and I think I've decided on the latter, because there are so many bits and pieces that I think ubuntu's going to do better. I'm having a big old backup first, of course.

Things are terrible in Pakistan, according to the news. It's impossible really to get your head round tragedy on that scale: entire communities just wiped out. We can, of course, pray.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?