Sunday, October 02, 2005

 

Gravy and bread equals ...

... gravy butties. Things to discover about your wife after 10 years of marriage. She get horrifically excited about gravy butties. And she says that her father does, too. I'm worried, worried.

The sermon seemed to go well: made a bit of a cock-up of other bits of the service, but the sermon wasn't a problem. I did the same as last time: spoke without notes. It seems to work for me, though I wouldn't want to do it if I'd not prepared well beforehand. There are times, I'm sure - particularly when I've got particular phrases I want to use, or more complicated structure - when I'll use notes, as I've done before, but as long as I prepare, I don't think there's a harm in trying this technique.

Went for a 3-mile walk with Moo and Jo, the latter in a new appliance that sits on my back, like a rucksack. It's very comfortable, and transfers all of her weight down through my hips, so my back is protected, but she's quite heavy, and the rucksack arrangement isn't weightless, so I'm a bit knackered, but it's good knackered, and I need to do more exercise generally, anyway.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?