Thursday, October 20, 2005

 

After sleep...

... everything feels so much better. A lovely, beautiful autumn day today, and although I didn't get to see Jo this evening, she had a lovely day, and was great this morning. Moo went to Saffron Walden with her (note: yet another HSBC branch with problems for pushchairs, to add to Halstead and Sudbury), and everyone had a lovely time.

Had an interesting tutorial with Alan today, and we had a good discussion on Exodus and Covenant. Of particular interest was the move from a dynastic, power-based model of society to a more communal model, with power more flatly distributed, and with God as the pinnacle, not a human leader. Though when we say that the power relationships were flattened, the relative powerlessness of women (not to mention slaves) is worth noting. We discussed topics for essays, and are now onto optional topics for the weeks of term: the first one we're going with is Wisdom literature, which I'm rather looking forward to. In a couple of weeks, I've got another seminar, which is on the Canon of the OT. As I'm thinking of writing an essay on this later in term, I'm also very much looking forward to this.

I love being a daddy: it's great. In celebration, I wore my "I'm the daddy" t-shirt.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?