Saturday, September 03, 2005

 

Not Ghost Dog

Watching the marvellous Office Space. I'd forgotten what a fantastic film it is, and how much it makes me laugh. "Cover for the new TPS report"... "You do want to express yourself, don't you?"

Oh, and the red stapler. Of course.

And the great guy from Scrubs (John C. McGinley "Bob Slydell"). Who seems to have taken part of his Scrubs character from Bill Lumbergh, Peter's manager. I'm really sorry if you've not seen this film, but you really, really should.

I'm really looking forward to preaching, and I'm not expecting to use any notes this time: I've found that the thoughts I've been putting down for this blog have really helped me to form what I want to say. I'll be about the hurricane, about our unworthiness to make ethical judgements, and about discrimination, and about suffering. I may end up making a few notes, but at the moment, that's not the plan. We'll see how it goes.

Jo's been lovely today, the weather's been great, and I had a couple of naps. A good, good day. And thanks to Tosha for her comments yesterday. Keep the comments coming, folks.

Ghost Dog

Oh, and did I mention that the best film of all time is possibly Ghost Dog? I'm not sure I did. It rocks, dude. You can see some other great films in my profile. But Ghost Dog is _so_ good.

Comments:
I think a copy of Office Space should be shipped with every newly purchased DVD player (I like to think of it as Dilbert with live actors). Better yet, if I had a few million in spare change to waste, I'd order the DVD in bulk and slip into every new employee orientation package at every major corporation I could think of, starting with my own employer.

Needless to say, things haven't improved in the corporate world since the movie came out six-plus years ago, meaning it's still one of the funniest things on film.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?