Friday, September 09, 2005

 

More cricket

Well, it could have got better, but at least we got more than 350. In fact, at least we got more than 200. I've been at home again, with the cricket on most of the day in the background (generally with the sound off). Work's got more busy, which is good, and so I've not had the chance to even to glance at it today.

Rather than having to clear up dog shit this morning, it was a dead rat (nearly decapitated) that the cats had left on the living room carpet. Nice morning welcome from the cats. Liberranter: you were right, but at least it wasn't hidden somewhere to fester.

I'm reading some more of the Postmodern Bible (see blogs passim) - I'm on to feminist and womanist criticism. I'd not come across a good definition (see Alice Walker's longer one, which I can't find online right now) of womanism before, and although I was aware of tensions (predominantly in the States) between classic feminism (seen as very white and middle-class) and the experience of black women, the chapter I'm currently reading has been very useful in this regard. Feminism is very good at highlighting power relationships (particularly gender-based ones) within communities and texts, and I'm enjoying this section. The womanist argument is that classic feminism too often concentrates on the gender-related problems and ignores some of the others (particularly those based on colour (sic!) and race). Oh, and have you ever read Hosea 1-3? Scary, scary.

Long journey this weekend to my parents. Hope the dog and baby cope all right...

Music recently I've not been listening to music via gnump3d much recently, so I've not kept a full record. However, here are a few things:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?