Monday, September 19, 2005

 

Deathly quiet

Is it just me, or is nobody else updating their blogs at the moment? Well, Si has, but nothing from kittenhead, nik or D for a while, now. I'll keep on at it, cos I'm a good boy, but it does seem a little strange. Maybe Si and I are alone on the infowebsuperhighway... Or maybe it's just that other people wait until they've got something interesting to say, but I just witter. Do I just witter? Answers on a postcard to: "Does Mike just witter? Blue Peter, BBC Broadcasting House, ..."

The numbers of people reading this blog seem to be rising slowly, which is strangely pleasing, in an "I'm a blog-whore" kind of a way. I'm not sure what people read it for, though. I don't really read that many blogs by non-friends, so I'm not sure what people are looking for:

If people _are_ reading this on a regular basis, I've got some questions I'd love to ask them, including:

Not quite sure why I'm feeling so democratic today, particularly as, officially, this a blog for me, and not for other people, but I'm aware that other people are reading it, so I might as well find out what people like/don't like.

Found out that our financial situation isn't quite as dire this month as I thought it was, which is a relief. Also ordered two copies of the Yale Songbook ("Songs of Yale") to do some singing over a beer or two on the ERMC course next weekend. Should be fun.

Loving "Daniel Saw the Stone" by the Mississippi Singers just now.

Music today


Comments:
Mike:

I've noticed too a definite slow-down in blog updates of late. It's a both a little bit scary and a little bit humbling for me, as I'm wondering if I should take this as a sign that most other people have real lives and can't be bothered with the relative trivialities of "blogging" (my workaholic brother is a case in point, his blog not having been updated since July 17th!).

As far as your wondering why people read your (or anyone's) blog, I guess the answer to all of your questions is "yes."

As for your specific questions about your blog:

# do you disagree with stuff I say? If so, why not tell me about it?

Well, let me be weasely in answering this one and say that while I've seen nothing on your blog I disagree with, it's your blog, so whether I or anyone else disagrees with you or not is immaterial. I guess if we don't like what we read on your blog, we can just go poke our noses elsewhere. For heaven's sake don't change your philosophy or outlook to please anyone else; there's enough of that going on as it is.

# am I a "bad" Christian? (For swearing, for having the outlooks on life I have, etc.)

I would call you down-to-earth, definitely not a "bad" anything. As for your faith, it's all about whether He dwells within you and what your relationship with Him is. Only you can know that. Far be it for any of the rest of us to judge.

# want to see more of anything?

Again, it's your blog, friend. We see what you want us to see. Just be yourself.

# less of anything?

See the response to the previous question. h

I think what I get most out of "blogsurfing" is seeing perspectives of others that I wouldn't ordinarily be exposed to otherwise. That's why I dropped in on you a couple of weeks back and have been a regular visitor ever since. Of course, you can always kick me out if I get obnoxious! <:)~
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?