Friday, September 09, 2005

 

Breakdown

(Note - for some reason, this didn't get processed, so I'm backdating it from the morning after).

As I was driving Moo's car along the A43 at about 2130, on the way to my parents, I felt the engine start to lose power. I managed to get it to the near side lane and then to a happily situated layby, and that's where we are now, at 2310. We phoned the RAC (so glad we renewed our membership recently) and, as we have a small baby in the car (Moo, Jo, Suzy and I are all here) they got to us in around 50 minutes. The guy couldn't do anything with the car, so we're waiting for a recovery truck. Phoned my folks to tell them we wouldn't be joining them, obviously. And be thankful for mobile phones, cos I know I am.

We'd hoped for a truck within 30 minutes, and if it's much longer I'm going to ring them again. Luckily, Moo managed to get Jo to sleep, but you wonder how long that will last, and I'm a little worried about the dog if this continues. I'm going to post this now, and hope that I don't get many more chances to send these emails from my phone before we get home.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?