Thursday, September 08, 2005

 

319-7

I was working from home today, as our Internet access at work was a bit ropey (see yesterday's entry), which meant that I could sit with my laptop on my knee and the cricket on. 319's not too bad, but 7 wickets really is a pain. We need to keep the scoring up tomorrow in the first session. It would be a pity to have to rely on the weather to give us a draw (which would allow us to win the Ashes), but we might just have to.

According to Peter, my boss, our Internet access is better today, so I'll be going in tomorrow. If it turns out not to be OK, I'll be coming back home, where I now have 2meg down, and 512k up. Work's only 1meg symmetric, I believe, so unless I've got lots of stuff to send, then I'm better here from an online point of view.

Jo doesn't want to go to sleep tonight. She's been to bed, and that really didn't work, so she's down. She's very tired, but that's the way she's decided it's going to be. She'll go down to sleep at some point. But for now, she's sitting up next to me wondering which of the laptop keys will yield the most interesting results (which may include choice language if she's very successful).


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?