Tuesday, August 30, 2005

 
Back at work, and lots of email to go through. Things are good at work, and lots going on, and I was pleased to be back. Managed to find time to update to kernel 2.6.13 on both my main home box and my laptop despite that. 2.6.13 includes inotify support, which is needed for decent beagle support. That means that I can now query my home box (currently via ssh if I'm away from home, but I'll work on something nicer) and check out anything I have on that box, all indexed, all available. I love beagle.

First day back at work, so lots of questions from the folks at work. They do ask some interesting theological questions, not all very easy to answer. They certainly keep me on my toes, and are going to have me reaching for the reference books from time to time. Today it included some issues on the canonicity of the Old Testament (e.g. how the books were formed and when) which I certainly couldn't answer. Luckily my first academic module is the OT, so this should be coming up.

Jo's sleeping very badly at the moment, and it's getting Moo down a bit. In fact, we'd had a couple of good nights - though Jo had ended up in our bed - until last night, when she (and therefore we) slept very badly. Then she took a long time to get to sleep this evening: she'd just got to sleep when Kate phoned, and one of the phones happened to be in her room, so she woke up. We spent a good half hour trying to get her to sleep, but to no avail, so in the end we brought her down, and she stayed with us until she finally went down a little before 9pm. Moo's beating herself up about the fact the Jo's not sleeping through, and we have to deal with that - both Moo's concern and the sleeping through, but we'll get there. We're having a bit of a problem getting a routine sorted - and that's the holy grail.

My parents are away over Christmas, and as we've not yet made it down to their house, we're trying to get to see them down in Somerset, but it's really hard. It usually takes 3 and three quarter hours to get to them, but with the baby and the dog, we suspect that it's going to take more like 5. So, we think that the best chance we have is to leave quite late on a Friday evening, and hope that Jo (and Suzy) are tired enoug that they sleep through most of the drive. We'll do the same on the Sunday to get back, but it's going to make for a long weekend. We'll have to see how it goes, and we've got a possible weekend sorted.

Work had some problems with Internet access, though I was hoping to listen to lots of music, so it was only at the very end of the day that I got it sorted. A short list today.

Music Today


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?